Your Key Responsibilities:
Providing responsive and timely 1st and 2nd level IT support to members and staff of the department, including:
- Covering Service Desk functions
- Monitoring and managing IT support requests through the Service Desk system
- Ensuring issues are documented correctly and resolved in a timely fashion
Upholding effective and efficient working relationships with stakeholders. This may include:
- Liaising with external service providers in relation to support arrangements, procurement, invoicing and other tasks
- Communicating technical information to non-technical members and staff
Test, install and maintain computers, peripherals, videoconferencing, office equipment, software, logs and security systems as required.
Maintain and monitor backup procedures, communications and security systems.
Some Essential Criteria
- Experience providing 1st level and 2nd IT support in a Microsoft environment.
- Understanding of networking
- Experience installing and trouble-shooting PCs and peripherals
- Strong customer service focus
- Conflict resolution skills
- Understanding of the need to follow up to ensure clients are satisfied and to keep them informed of the progress of any issues logged
- Ability to document solutions and communicate solutions to the rest of the Information technology team
- Ability to develop simple instructions for use by clients
If this sounds like you, please apply and we’ll be in touch with you shortly.