Looking for a Mid-Level Information Security Officer to join a growing team on the Gold Coast, to support the implementation of a comprehensive information security program.
In this role you will work with the ITS Manager to develop strategies and plans to enforce security requirements and address identified risks.
If you come from a Technical/Systems Administration background and have started developing your Information Security skills and are keen to continue on in this path, this role will give you ability to have the best of both worlds as you will continued to be upskilled in both disciplines.
- Work with the organizations’ programs and services to identify security requirements
- Production of security related documentation
- Collaborate on business projects to ensure that security issues are addressed
- Develop security processes and procedures to ensure that security controls are managed and maintained
- Evaluate and recommend information-security-related hardware and software
- Perform control and vulnerability assessments to identify control weaknesses
- Validate baseline security configurations for operating systems, applications, and networking and telecommunications equipment
- Provide 1/2 Level support and analysis during and after a security incident
- Monitors reports and security logs for unusual events
Key Skills Required:
- 3+ years’ experience in Systems Administrator/IT Support role
- Understanding of Network Security
- Experience with SIEM, AD, Access Control, Azure, O365 security, OS hardening and Vulnerability Scanning
- Experience in developing and evaluating IT security policies – ISO 27001
- Willingness to learn and develop skills in security technology controls
- Knowledge of networking technologies, protocols and troubleshooting
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Current driver’s licence and ability to drive for work at times
What’s in it for you?
- Work for a reputable and growing organization
- Working in a collaborative team environment
- Career Development
- learning and development opportunities
- Community initiatives offered to give back to the community