We are currently searching for a Principal Data Engineer to join a leading Australian Consultancy.
About the company:
– 100% growth year on year for the last 3 years
– Great training
– Career opportunities
– WFH (4 days a week)
You will be client facing, and ensuring Technical leadership on end to end Data Projects.
What you will be doing…
- Building and maintaining robust, scalable, automated cloud-based data pipelines using industry best practices predominately within the AWS / AZURE platform.
- Ensuring the quality, reliability, and accuracy of data as it moves across systems and environments.
- Creating and maintaining architecture and systems documentation.
- Participating in cross team code reviews to ensure all solutions developed meet required standards.
- Mentoring junior members of the team.
- Working within a happy, collaborative, and agile environment.
What’s essential for you to have…
- A diverse technical background with over 5 years’ experience in the development of data platforms – preferably in an Agile environment.
- Experience of developing data pipelines in cloud-based technologies, preferably the AWS / AZURE / Snowlfake stack
- Proficient in SQL (preferably 5+ years’ experience).
- Technical experience implementing ETL or ELT best practices at scale.
- A passion for data and technology.
What will make you stand out…
- Experience of developing ETL and ELT data pipelines
- Skilled in a programming language (Java or Python preferrable).
- Development experience within AWS/ AZURE
- Experience developing and using Business Intelligence tools. (SSIS,SSRS,SSAS Etc)
- A strong understanding of data warehousing design methodologies.
- Experience of modelling data for efficient reporting.