A brand new role has been created for a Head of Security Operations to join a fast-growing and reputable consulting company with significant Australian and international growth opportunities on the Gold Coast!
In this role you will oversee the ongoing development and maturing of the SOC practices and work collaboratively with clients to identify the most effective methods of mitigation and returning their organisation to normal operations as quickly and safely as possible. You will also get the opportunity to develop a roadmap towards a 24/7 security operations and incident response capability and to build and lead level 1/2 SOC team members.
- Liaising with vendors to setup and operate internal/client managed security environments
- Monitoring client networks and endpoints for security events/alerts
- Analysing specific incidents from detection through to developing a containment strategy and executing subsequent remediation plans
- Developing documented procedures for recording, assessing, analysing, communicating, rectifying, escalating and reporting security incidents
- Develop a roadmap towards a 24/7 SecOps and incident response capability
- Monitor, analyse, mitigate and triage security events as part of a 24/7 rotating support team
- Build and mentor a team of level 1/ 2 SOC members
- Acting as the escalation point identified by the level 1/2 SOC analysts or raised by the clients
- Providing crisis management guidance and directing incident investigation and containment activities
Key Skills Required:
- 4-6 years of experience working within a SOC environment
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Technology or Business
- Security qualifications such as CISSP, GIAC, GCIH, GCDA etc.
- Previous experience of developing / implementing SOC environments
- Ability to develop, lead and mentor a SOC team
- Experience in leading cyber incident response engagements
- Experience in implementing and managing SIEM technologies
- A high-level understanding of EU GDPR and NDB scheme
- Ability to engage and influence at Board/C-Levels
- An enhanced understanding of threat actor TTPs, together with the cyber kill chain
- An ability to provide technical analysis and direction for investigations
- An understanding of networking protocols and infrastructure designs
- Be able to complete post-mortem analysis of network logs, traffic flows and other activities to identify malicious activity on a network
- Penetration testing and red teaming skills would be an asset
What’s in it for you?
- Work for a reputable and fast-growing start-up
- Sunny Gold Coast Location
- Challenging and Career building role
- Supportive team environment
- Great salary package